Pharmacy Technician I
Hyattsville , MD
We the people of Kaiser Permanente believe in the endless pursuit of excellence, and in health and well-being for all. At Kaiser Permanente Mid-Atlantic States, we’ve built our culture on communication, teamwork, and respect. From our financial professionals and IT team members to our RNs and physicians on the front line of care-we work together to support each other’s goals and promote a balance between work and life. And we do it all in a dynamic landscape. From the excitement of our nation’s capital to the scenic coastlines of Maryland and Virginia, the Mid-Atlantic area offers plenty of year-round activity, making it the perfect place for you and your family to call home. Join us.
Schedule rotates: Monday – Friday 10:00am – 6:30pm and Saturdays 9:00am – 1:30pm.
Greets members at front desk, enters information about prescriptions into computer system, receives payment from members, & prepares medications for approval by pharmacist.
* Greets members at counter or over the telephone, verifies member’s eligibility status, & receives prescriptions from members for pharmaceuticals.
* Enters prescription information into computer system & prints labels for use by pharmacist.
* Receives payment according to terms of members’ plan.
* Selects requested drugs from Baker cell dispenser or counts drugs from pharmacy shelf.
* Attaches labels to container for review by pharmacist.
* Reconstitutes medications by mixing w/ fluids.
* Calls members to pick-up completed prescription.
* Receives payment for over-the-counter medications & medical supplies selected by members.
* Answers routine inquiries from members regarding health plan drug coverage, prices, & related issues.
* Identifies situations when patient should speak w/ pharmacist regarding use of drugs & asks pharmacist to speak to member.
* Performs other related duties as directed.
* 1 year of experience in pharmacy.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, pharmacy nomenclature & calculations.
* Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
* Effective interpersonal & communication skills.
* Bilingual (Spanish and English) language skills preferred.