It was a big day for HBCU student-athletes at the 2013 NFL Draft yesterday.
Here’s a quick recap:
- High school wide receiver turned feared linebacker Keith Pough was drafted by the Buffalo Bills. Pough was the all-time FCS leader in tackles for loss.
Everybody’s path to greatness is different some take the elevator, some take the escalators & I have to take the stairs but I’ll get there
— Keith Pough™ (@ITsKPough13) April 27, 2013
- The 6-foot-2, 240-pounds Brandon Hepburn out of FAMU who had 86 tackles (9.5 for a loss), 5.5 sacks, seven pass breakups and a forced fumble as a senior was the 245th pick by the Detroit Lions.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff’s Terron Armstead, who set the offensive lineman record in 40-yard dash with a time of 4.71 seconds, was a third-round pick by the New Orleans Saints.
- Kansas City Chiefs signed Jackson State’s wide receiver Rico Richardson during post draft.
- Bethune-Cookman receiver KJ Stroud was officially picked up as an undrafted free agent with the New York Jets.
Follow HBCUGameday on Twitter for the latest news on HBCU athletes and the NFL Draft.