Campus Insiders will provide the first-ever live stream of the Honda Battle of the Bands Invitational Showcase on Saturday, January 30 at 3:00 PM ET. The event will be streamed live on CampusInsiders.com, the Campus Insiders mobile app, on the go90 app and on Campus Insiders’ connected TV platforms such as Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku and Xbox.
The exclusive live stream of the Honda Battle of the Bands event is part of Campus Insiders long-term content partnership with Urban Sports & Entertainment Group (– — USEG) to produce and distribute live college sports and entertainment events which was announced in September 2015.
The Honda Battle of the Bands is celebrating its 14th annual marching band showcase for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) and will feature the top marching bands representing eight different universities:
- Alabama A&M University, Marching Maroon & White
- Alcorn State University, Sounds of Dyn-o-Mite
- Bethune Cookman University, Marching Wildcats
- Jackson State University, Sonic Boom of the South
- The Lincoln University, Orange
Crush Roaring Lions
- Prairie View A&M University, Marching Storm
- South Carolina State University, Marching “101”
- Tennessee State University, Aristocrat of BandsThe eight bands were selected through a process that included online fan voting, as well as feedback from bad directors, HBCU presidents and American Honda representatives. In addition to a $20,000 grant from Honda to support their music education programs, each participating HBCU will receive travel and accommodations to the Invitational Showcase in Atlanta.
“We are beyond thrilled to be able to expand coverage of the Honda Battle of the Bands, and share the unique experience it provides to fans,” Said Crowley Sullivan, Executive Vice President of Campus Insiders.
Read more here.