According to SACSCOC Public Relations and Data Specialist Dr. Janea Johnson, Wiley College was issued a warning after they did not follow the five requirements by the accreditation board. If they don’t make the necessary changes within a year the college could be put on probation or they could lose their accreditation altogether.
These Core Requirements and Standards expect an institution to:
- Employ administrative and academic officers with appropriate experience and qualifications to lead the institution.
- Identify, evaluate, and publish goals and outcomes for student achievement appropriate to the institution’s mission, the nature of the students it serves, and the kinds of programs offered.
- Publish 12 and implement policies for determining the amount and level of credit awarded for its courses, regardless of format or mode of delivery.
- Have sound financial resources and a demonstrated, stable financial base to support the mission of the institution and the scope of its programs and services.
- Manage its financial resources in a responsible manner. A Special Committee was not authorized to visit the institution. Read more via KTAL/KMSS-East Texas Matters.