News One has the latest news from a black perspective with stories and opinions you would not read anywhere else — but should and it seems that they are always creating moments for the culture.
Yesterday, the black news site released a list of 20 HBCU graduates who are basically changing the world, celebrating the country’s historically black colleges and the professionals who have attended those institutions.
- Stacey Abrams, Spelman College
2. Rev. William Barber II, N.C. Central University
3. Kenya Barris, Clark Atlanta University
4. Rosalind G. Brewer, Spelman College
5. Ruth Carter, Hampton University
6. Raashaun “DJ Envy” Casey, Hampton University
7. Louis Farrakhan, Sr., Winston-Salem State University
8. Andrew Gillum, Florida A&M University
9. Rep Al Green, Howard University, Texas Southern University, Tuskegee University
10. Kamala Harris, Howard University
11. Jesse Jackson, North Carolina A&T University
12. Samuel L. Jackson, Morehouse College
13. Letitia James, Howard University
14. Kweisi Mfume, Morgan State University
15. Marilyn Mosby, Tuskegee University
16. Bakari Sellers, Morehouse College
17. Ruth Simmons, Dillard University
18. Stephen A. Smith, Winston-Salem State University
19. Wanda Sykes, Hampton University
20. Oprah Winfrey, Tennessee State University
The list includes HBCU graduates from the arenas of politics to entertainment to corporate America and well beyond.