While reading through the August 2011 issue of Instyle Magazine, I noticed a lot of different tips and suggestions for Fall beauty. From fire-engine-red lips to mono-chromatic makeup, the runways have been teeming with fun and cool beauty trends for fall. Amongst them all, I’ve chosen my top 5 fall beauty trends, as seen on runway, that as I see as a fun and easy must try:
1. Fire-engine-red lips: Diane Von Furstenberg and Jill Sander’s Makeup artists have used the iconic crimson lip to create a shocking, glamorous yet effortless look. You can use a cherry pencil to line and fill in lips then apply a matching high-shine lipstick or experiment with an orange based hue that you can pat with powder for a more matte finish.
2. Easter Egg Lips: For a more subtle, ultra girly use of lip color, pastel tones provide a softer pop of color. You can try a coral tinted lipstick over concealer for a powdery sherbet tone, as seen at Nina Ricci or baby-pinks used by Donna Karan.
3. Power Blush: This fall don’t be afraid to “rose up” your cheeks with plush coral shades as seen at Marc Jacobs or play around with fun fuchsias and petal-pink lipsticks on the apples of your cheeks as seen at Oscar de la Renta.
4. Strong Brows: Oscar de la Renta and Alexander Wang have transformed last season’s bleached brow trend into strong, dark colored brows. Strong brows can be accomplished by fattening the brow shape with black eye shadow and accompanied by bare skin. You can also pair your power blush cheeks with thick, brown penciled eyebrows.
5. Mono-chromatic makeup: For a simple over all look, use one warm color scheme for an allover glow. Prada, Proenza Schouler and Rodarte all took heed to this beauty trend highlighting features with washes of toffee-colored makeup.
HBCU Buzz Staff