The Eighth Annual Spelman College Leadership and Women of Color Conference will assemble notable thought leaders to discuss and define what it means for women to “lead with purpose.” Leadership requires tremendous responsibility, accountability and at times, immense sacrifice – especially for women. Those who lead with purpose integrate their personal and professional priorities to provide a strong base for their leadership. The 2012 Conference will provide practical solutions on how to lead with purpose in a manner that is effective, sustainable and rewarding. Conference attendees and key experts will explore:
- How to build a strong foundation of leadership that is well-considered, authentic and intentional
- The value of innovation and the vital role of renewal and change in leadership
- The importance of mentors and reaching back to mentor future leaders
For more details and to register, visit http://www.spelmanwomenofcolorconf.com . Join the discussion and share your thoughts on this year’s theme on Facebook and Twitter , #SpelmanWOCC.
Convened by Jane E. Smith, Ed.D., executive director of the Center for Leadership and Civic Engagement at Spelman College, the conference features experts who will offer proven methods to effectively align values and goals in one’s professional and personal life. Among the distinguished speakers:
- Henna Inam, CEO, Transformational Leadership, Inc.
- Deborah Owens, CEO, Owens Media Group LLC
- Rep. Alisha Thomas Morgan, C’2000, GA State House, District 39
- Legacy of Leadership Award Honorees
And back by popular demand:
- Conversations with Spelman College President Beverly Daniel Tatum, Ph.D.
- Katherine Giscombe, vice president, Diverse Women & Inclusion Research, Catalyst.
- Conference Coach Kym A. Harris, Ed.D., CEO and president, Your SweetSpot™ Coaching and Consulting Company.
- Conference Fitness Expert Andrea Riggs, national fitness expert & TV personality/trainer.
Wednesday, May 16
3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Georgia International Convention Center
Thursday, May 17
7:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.