A new police report sheds light on the sexual assault that was reported on Howard University’s campus early Monday morning, with officials now saying that an 18-year-old woman was raped inside a classroom by a person who followed her off of a city bus.

The assault occurred at 8 a.m. Monday in the 2600 block of Sixth Street NW, inside a Howard University classroom that was being used for a program not sponsored by the university.

The woman was allegedly on a bus on her way to the program at Howard University when a male commuter she thought she knew from her times in junior high school winked at her. She proceeded to walk north on Sixth Street when she was confronted by the man, reads the police report.

The suspect then followed her into the school and proceeded to push her into a classroom, with the report stating that the man forced the woman to the floor and raped her.

While the suspect has not been ID’d, police did describe the man as black with a dark complexion between the ages of 18- and 20-years-old. He’s about six feet tall with a slim to medium build. The suspect was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and black and white shorts, which could have possibly been swimming trunks.

No arrest has been made.

Howard University released a statement late Monday evening concerning the incident:

“Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) with support from the Department of Public Safety are investigating a report of a sexual assault involving a female in a non-University sponsored program. The investigation into this troubling incident is ongoing and it is premature to provide additional details at this time.”

A spokeswoman for the university also released a statement that said “the location and the circumstances around this case are still under investigation,” especially considering the fact that the victim told police that she believed the attack happened in the business school.

Howard sent a crime alert through email to students and staff as well, taking action immediately by ensuring that a number of surveillance cameras are now set to examine the exterior of the School of Business.

It has only been a little over a week since the Howard University community came together in commemoration of student Omar Sykes who was shot and killed during what police believe was an attempted robbery in NW D.C. Sykes and a friend were walking close to campus down the 700 block of Fairmont Street NW when they were approached by two men. One police believe pulled out a gun and shot Sykes while the other student was beaten.

The case is still unsolved, but Mayor Vincent Gray has vowed to find those responsible for the death of Omar Sykes.

The MPD released a statement on Tuesday to forestall any assumptions that may arise about the murder of Omar Sykes and the sexual assault having any plausible connection due to the incidents’ close proximity to campus.

“The July 4th homicide of Omar Sykes and the July 22nd sexual assault do not appear to be related. The Metropolitan Police Department recently met with the administration at Howard University to address safety. The Metropolitan Police Department has increased patrols in the area and is working closely with Howard University to address violent crime.”