It’s internship season! People all over my campus have been applying and interviewing in hopes of snagging an awesome internship in their field this summer.
A lot of them tell me, “Chris my resume is good but I hate interviewing.”
Internships are hard to snag if interview skills are poor. Most people don’t like interviewing simply because they are not good at it. Because of this fact, I decided to create a fun and captivating YouTube video that intersects Five Interview tips with song lyrics by the singer, Rihanna.
The Five Tips:
1) “Talk that Talk” Research: The importance of researching the company you are applying for.
2) “Do Ya Thang” Confidence: The importance of being relaxed and comfortable while interviewing.
3) Don’t be a “Rude Boy” : The importance of being respectful during an interview.
4) “What’s My Name” Questions: The importance of asking questions insightful questions to your interviewer.
5) “Take A Bow” : The importance of concluding your interview like a rock star.
Enjoy the video and lets get to WORK, WORK, WORK, WORK, WORK, WORK on your interviewing skills.
Ready for college but not sure what to expect, or even bring? Before you say goodbye to your parents and friends, check out this ultimate guide to surviving your first year in college, and in particular at the country’s 107 historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs). We created the #HBCUFreshmanBible to help build a bridge for students to make a successful transition from high school to black colleges, you can read more here.