Some might remember back in April Beyoncé announced the Homecoming Scholars Award for the 2018 – 2019 academic school year. A scholarship fund of $200k would be divided amongst eight students headed to Historically Black Colleges.
Now, Bey has announced and Bey has delivert.
I prayed on this. Waited.
And the dream came true. Thank you @Beyonce and @XULA1925 for believing in me. And thank you to @jemelehill who my essay was about. Thank you for being an inspiration to black female journalists like myself.
Y’ALL I AM A BEYONCÉ RECIPIENT pic.twitter.com/1KEQCUMDHI
— Allana J. Barefield (@Allana_B18) July 23, 2018
- Allana J. Barefield, Xavier University
- Erin Evans, Wilberforce University
- Caleb Washington, Tuskegee University
- Jordan Davis, Texas Southern University
- Cletus Emokpae, Grambling State University
- Demetrius Weaver, Bethune-Cookman University
- Dartisha Mosley, Fisk University
- Kameron Willis, Morehouse College
The students come from several different fields of study. XULA’s Barefield is an aspiring journalist. Tuskegee’s Washington majors in sociology. Morehouse’s Willis is an aspiring surgeon. See below.