Apply Now through Dec. 16th for The BGV NextGen Program
Black Girl Ventures has launched The BGV NextGen Program, an 8-week accelerator program created for the next generation of Black and Brown entrepreneurs attending HBCUs nationally.
Black Girl Ventures (BGV), is a nonprofit social enterprise that helps provide female founders of color with access to social and financial capital. Within the BGV NextGen Program, participants gain access to capital, capacity, and community through training, mentoring, and networking opportunities.
The program seeks to develop the entrepreneurial mindset of HBCU students and prepare them for the competitive workforce.
During the 8-week accelerator training, student visionaries will:
- Be matched with a group of peers across the country.
- Access culturally-centered entrepreneurial education through BGV’s 8-week JetPack Accelerator program.
- Develop money management and business development skills.
- Gain the opportunity to pitch for access to capital to grow their businesses.
- Gain the opportunity to get mentorship and feedback on your business.
According to the website, the top 7 Student Visionaries will work through a curated curriculum in preparation for a demo day to show off their business acumen. Next, they will move into a tournament-style BGV Pitch Competition, giving them a chance to win additional capital and rep their HBCUs. Additionally, they will also have access to Supplier Diversity opportunities to increase the visibility of their businesses.
Participants will also receive a $5,000 stipend, entrepreneurship skills development training, an opportunity to showcase their business to funders, and a lifetime membership to the BGV Connect platform, Black Girl Ventures’ online incubator for Black/Brown founders.
To qualify for the program, applicants must:
- be 18-24 years old.
- be enrolled at an HBCU.
- must identify as Black or Brown.
- have a business or viable business idea.
- have the ability to commit to approximately 3 hours per week for 8 weeks.
- have an interest in growing your network and being a part of a community of student entrepreneurs across the country.
BGV’s vision is to democratize entrepreneurship for the next generation of business leaders and to help change the playing field for women of color founders. They are looking to close the generational wealth gap, strengthen families, and create a more equitable society.
Applications are open now to full-time students (women or men) till December 16. Once students apply they will be required to submit a short video introduction of themselves and their business/business idea.
Click here to apply.