Community

Support Black Business: $1 Million Campaign for Black Owned Businesses

A coalition of activists is aspiring to reclaim and rejuvenate black economic power. The “Million Dollar Black Spending Power” campaign wants all African-American consumers...

Exciting Guests for our 2/12 HBCU Buzz Show!

If you haven't tune into our very own radio show yet, you're truly missing out. This Tuesday on the HBCU Buzz Show, we're bringing two...

Dillard film students feed homeless during holidays

NEW ORLEANS- A Dillard film student led the charge to feed and provide winter clothing for the homeless near the New Orleans Mission last...

Angel Tree ‘Lights Up’ Howard University

WASHINGTON– Hundreds of Howard University students gathered recently at Cramton Auditorium to wrap gifts for underprivileged children in DC during the Angel Tree Project...

18 Famous Historically Black College and University Alumni

Many of pop culture's biggest names have their own remarkable origin story. A lucky break, a serendipitous career move, or the life experience and...

Fort Valley State University Student Leaders Visit Weaver Middle School

Fort Valley State University's court came to Weaver Middle School in Macon to talk to students about dressing for success, personal hygiene and setting...

Businessman from Zimbabwe commits 6.4 million to send 40 students to Morehouse College

One of the students, Nigena Hamim, stated his goal in life, he said, “I have a dream of fighting ethnic divisions in my country...

Johnson C. Smith’s Sustainable Village

A new program at Johnson C. Smith University will prepare its students live a sustainable lifestyle off the natural land. Students will have the...

Hampton University to Host 7th Annual STARS Conference

The Hampton University Department of Computer Science is hosting the Students & Technology Academia, Research & Service (STARS) Alliance Celebration in Hampton this year,...

Cheyney University to Host National Summer Transportation Institute

High school students in the Pennsylvania area are gearing up to attend Cheyney University’s National Summer Transportation Institute. According to a university press release,...

Central State University on Spring Tour in Beijing

March 16, 2012             The Central State University Chorus will be spending the spring break in one of the most culture bound and populated countries...

Mobilizing HBCU Students Against Amendment 1 in North Carolina

Over the years HRC has been tasked with defeating legislation and ballot initiatives that directly target at LGBT equality across the US. And as...

NCCU Named National Finalist for Public Service Award

The Corporation for National and Public Service has named North Carolina Central University a national finalist for its 2012 President’s Award, which recognizes colleges...

Mis”Steps” : The Decline of Black Greeks (And How to End It)

It’s partially my fault. As an Alpha , I did MY part to make sure that one who saw ME, saw a positive reflection of...

Albany State University to Kick-off “Keep ASU Beautiful” Campaign

Albany State University to Kick-off "Keep ASU Beautiful" Campaign The "Keep ASU Beautiful" campaign evolved from the annual ASU Go Green Week campus clean-up...

Howard Students and WHUR Raise $80,000 For Alternative Spring Break Program

Howard University students and WHUR FM 96.3 were trying to find the best words to thank the residents of the Washington area, Omega Psi...

HBCU Alumni are “Fulfilling The Promise” of Unlocking Potential in Baltimore Youth

Baltimore’s nickname is “Charm City’ but outsiders would see little charming about East Baltimore and its surrounding neighborhood. Yet beneath its rugged exterior lies...

Saint Paul’s College is in a Financial Crisis

Saint Paul's College is in trouble, and it is up to us to get the word out and help. SPC needs $3.5 million by...