Atlantic Records and Live Nation Urban proudly present the first-ever “Access Granted: HBCU Tour” which is set to visit select Historically Black Colleges and Universities throughout the east and southeast during the 2018 homecoming season.
Morgan State in Baltimore, MD will kickstart the tour on October 4thbefore continuing to Bowie State on October 11th, South Carolina State University on October 18thand wrapping at Grambling State in Grambling, LA on November 2nd. The current itinerary can be found below with additional dates to be announced. If you’d like your HBCU to be added to the tour please contact MichaelCarney@LiveNation.com
The tour features performances by rapidly rising stars from Atlantic’s roster, including Ayanis with the girl power single “F.I.Y.T.,” Bri Steves fresh off the release of her latest video “Late Night,” contemporary R&B artist K’ron and his adulterous “No BFs”anthem with Ty Dolla $ign and Philly-raised newcomer RecoHavoc who recently released his label debut mixtape, “STARTED”hosted by DJ Drama.
The “Access Granted: HBCU Tour”arrives after the summer introduction of the Access Granted showcase hosted by Atlantic Records in June of 2018. The showcase was created to serve as a platform for the label’s young, up and coming artists. The first edition featured Bri Steves, Maliibu Miitch and Rico Nasty.
The tour kicks off a series of upcoming initiatives between Atlantic Records and Live Nation Urban. Drawing on a sterling reputation and impressive track record, Live Nation Urbanhas built a robust launch pad and foundation to develop the profiles of these respective artists on the road, placing them in front of receptive audiences and future fans.
ACCESS GRANTED: HBCU TOUR
- 10/4 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ Morgan State (Baltimore, MD)
- 10/8 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ Jackson State University (Jackson, MS)
- 10/9 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ Stillman College (Tuscaloosa, AL)
- 10/11 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ Bowie State (Bowie, MD)
- 10/12 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ Lincoln University (Lincoln, PA)
- 10/16 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ Norfolk State University (Norfolk, VA)
- 10/18 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ South Carolina State University (Orangeburg, SC)
- 10/19 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ Winston-Salem State University (Winston-Salem, NC)
- 10/20 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ St. Augustine’s University (Raleigh, NC)
- 10/23 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ Savannah State (Savannah, GA)
- 10/24 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ Hampton University (Hampton, VA)
- 10/25 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ Morehouse College (Atlanta, GA)
- 10/26 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ Howard University (Washington, DC)
- 10/26 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ Delaware State (Dover, DE)
- 10/29 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ North Carolina Central (Durham, NC)
- 11/2 Access Granted: HBCU Tour @ Grambling State (Grambling, LA)
Ayanis always knew she was destined to sing. Raised in Texas and Atlanta, the 23-year-old singer and dancer will release her self-titled EP soon, led by the girl power single, “FIYT.”
Philadelphia-born rapper, singer, multi-instrumentalist, poet, and producer Bri Steves quietly grinded, teaching herself to play piano, engineer and produce, ultimately igniting a competitive bidding war, and thus landed a deal with Atlantic Records. Her 2018 single, “Jealousy,” introduces the next chapter of this story.
K’ron is a contemporary R&B artist steadily building a name for himself as a singer, songwriter, producer and engineer. The 23-year-old DMV native and “wild lova” is currently polishing his forthcoming debut mixtape, led by the single “No BFs (Feat. Ty Dolla $ign).”
Born and raised in Southwest Philadelphia as one of nine siblings, RecoHavoc turned intense hardships into hard-hitting and hypnotic hip-hop. Living through events that would break the best of us, the 21-year-old rapper and “B-Boy” emerged as the next in a long line of Philly rap champs on his recently release debut mixtape, “STARTED”hosted by DJ Drama.
LIVE NATION ENTERTAINMENT
Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV) is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
For more information, contact: