IT Internships at ING DIRECT!
The Summer of Orange is a paid summer internship program designed to enhance the students formal education with career related experience. The programs goals and objectives will provide mutual benefits to both the student and ING DIRECT. By providing an exciting, challenging and fun internship program, we can continue to be distinguished as of one of the best companies to work for. The Summer of Orange Internship program will incorporate leadership development courses, ongoing two-way feedback, social events, an end of program written evaluation and a final group project presentation to senior management.
Why take just any internship when you can have fun and learn at the same time!
We have available internships in the following departments:
* Information Technology
* IT Development
* IT Project Management
* IT Application Services
* IT Supplier Management
* IT Architecture
* Data Modeling & Database Systems
* Network Administration
* IT Technology Services
* Data Services Development
* IT Infrastructure
* IT Security
* IT Self Service & Deposit Development
* Command Center
You must be matriculated in an undergraduate or graduate program, studying Computer Science, Information Management, Computer Engineering, Information Sciences, or other similar major to be considered.
Selected interns will be matched with as closely as possible to a department complimenting their major and career desires. All interns must pass the banks hiring requirements of credit, background and drug testing in order to be part of the program.
Forget any preconceived notions you have about working for a big bank – they wont help you here. In fact, we consider ourselves to be “anti-bank” in our thinking and thats why were looking for a special kind of candidate. Here are some of the skills that we are looking for to thrive in our unusual environment:
* An Entrepreneur at Heart – At ING DIRECT, were all about offering very cool, simple products that our customers actually need and understand – if our customers dont see the value in our products, weve dropped the (Orange) ball!
* A Straight-Shooter – We tell it like it is – internally and to the outside world – but you should never forget about professionalism.
* Outgoing and Easy to be Around – Youve got to be fun, approachable and easy to have around. “High maintenance” personalities and inflated egos need not apply.
* Confident and Independent – Sure, theres a lot to learn and your job will be incredibly diverse but … theres never a dull moment. You really need to be a person who enjoys variety and has the confidence to dive-in and get the job done. (Of course, were here to point you in the right direction but theres no hand-holding.)
The program will officially begin in June 2011 and will run through mid-August.
Why join the team?
Why join the ING DIRECT team? Were on a mission to lead Americans back to saving and are looking for people who share that passion to join our team. Our successful Orange Savings Account and Orange Mortgage have set the bar for how to simplify financial products to provide a better deal for consumers. If you are an energetic individual interested in helping build a different kind of bank, we look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about the worlds largest direct bank, visit ingdirect.com.